Thursday, December 10, 2009

Blurg This.


What is Blurging? Tina Fey coined the term 'blurg' in the first season of "30 Rock". It basically means damn, shoot, oops, s---, f---, whatever. But in Liz Lemon's life, it's like 'oh this again'. It's those same disappointing situations that happen over and over. Sure, the details may change but the outcome is rarely, and often the opposite of, what she wants or expects. Sadly, I identify a lot with Liz Lemon. So, instead of walking around with a blurged-out frown, I've decided to embrace the blurgable and blog about it. Essentially, it's the lovechild of gurgling and blogging, which is a little like throwing up, and isn't that what blogging really is?

As a forty-ish single woman, I have plenty to blurg about: from men to movies, tv shows to commercials, arrogant ad execs to celebrity stalking, politics to sarah palin, online dating to job layoffs, and everything in between. My life is like 'Sex and the City' without the designer clothes, money, men and New York. I do have fabulous friends, a cool freelance artsy career, and beneath my beaten-down exterior beats a bleeding, liberal heart the size of Bill Clinton's. I miss living in New York City but am content to be nestled back in my hometown, close to family and people that will cook for me. So, stop by anytime and thanks in advance for not minding if I get a little throw-up on your shoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment