Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thursday Commercial Round-Up.

memo to Jeep (revised): I really do think you could use more women creatives. Especially writers. I'm just sayin'.

memo to Target: What Happened?

Your commercials were one of the reasons I got into advertising. The urban-trendy music, the graphics, the tone that resonated with me: your consumer. I miss you. No, I'm not a kitschy, 60's-mod housewife obsessed with entertaining, household chores and stroller-pushing exercises.

memo to Apple: I love you.

Whenever I see the latest iPod commercial, I want to run out and buy one and download all the Feist tunes and have a party. Thank you.

p.s. you're lucky we iPhone owners love you so much or we'd really be upset about it not being a very good phone. And the AT&T thing. It's ok though, we'll deal.

4 comments:

  1. "It's OK, we'll deal" could very well be the tagline for the Apple User Association of America (if there was such a thing).

    The thing I hate most about my iPhone (other than the monthly bill) is the ridiculously awful camera. How is it that I can run the internet anytime, anywhere, yet I can't take a photo in the dark?

    ReplyDelete
  2. memo to Honeybaked Ham: Go away for the holidays.

    We get it. The holidays are stressful. In fact, stressful enough without your loud, screeching, intrusive, distracting, annoyingly animated (we know, it's supposed to look "cool") holiday TV spots.

    Honest, your hams are yummy. But your holiday advertising is crummy. Please give us all an early Christmas present and make it go away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooh, nice G. also ironic with today's post. we need to use yummy and crummy more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. erin, why can't apple put a flash on the iPhone? seriously.

    ReplyDelete